COM 472 Week 5 Assignment
Using your task analysis outline and training plan outline that you created in the previous topics, begin developing training materials for your session. The materials should be designed for a one-hour course on improving the communication problem you selected in Topic 2. The Training Session Materials should be a total of 1,500-2,000 words. Specifically, develop the following:
- A training agenda with details of all the sections and activities for the one-hour session.
- An Instructor/facilitator training guide with step by step instructions so any instructor could pick it up and know exactly what needs to be covered during each section of the training and how he or she can cover it. Include the objectives being covered in each section of the session, the methods or strategies the instructor should employ, explanations of any visual aids or media elements and how they should be used in class, and the assessments that should be used. A minimum of three sources should be used to justify/support elements of the instructor guide.
- Add a section to the instructor guide that gives tips on how to handle conflict in the classroom and how to refocus the group after the conflict is handled. Provide three sources to support these tips.
- In the instructor guide note ideal points during the training where the instructor can use specific strategies to make connections with participants.
- A participant/trainee guide that contains the learning objectives being covered, any materials that will facilitate learning in class, and any other supplementary materials or assessments required for the session. A minimum of two sources should be used to justify/support elements of the participant guide.
- A job aid/quick reference guide for participants to use when on the job to reinforce the skills they learned in class.
Prepare this assignment according to the APA guidelines found in the APA Style Guide, located in the Student Success Center. An abstract is not required.