Question Posted By
ACCT 574 DeVry Final Exam (2 Different Versions)
ACCT 574 DeVry Final Exam (2 Different Versions)
1.(TCO A) COSO defines "internal controls" as a process, effected by an entity's board of directors, management, and other personnel, designed to provide reasonable assurance regarding the achievement of objectives in the following categories except
2. (TCO A) Which of the following is a type of brainstorming?
3. (TCO A) Implementing a code of ethics is a Sarbanes-Oxley requirement related to which component of the management process?
4. (TCO A) Which statement is false?
5. (TCO A) Under the "KPMG" categories of fraud, what would probably not be an external fraud?
6. (TCO A) An AICPA committee in 1986 broke forensic accounting into two broad areas:
7. (TCO A) Peremptory refers to:
8. (TCO B) Which is a unique factor for solving a white-collar crime?
9. (TCO B) You are told that a company has a 30% profit margin and the discovered fraud has caused $2,400,000 more needed revenue to cover the fraud. How much was stolen?
10. (TCO B) Which would not be a direct IRS method for reconstructing taxable income?
11. (TCO B) Lapping is defined as:
12. (TCO B) Which statement is false?
13. (TCO B) Money launderers prefer to establish business relationships with a company whose operations are characterized by:
14. (TCO B) Which one of the following is the easiest to falsify?
15. (TCO B) Which of the following activities would not be considered a likely "red flag" to possible money laundering activities?
16. (TCO B) One of the most important legislative acts restricting the activities of money launderers in recent years is the:
17. (TCO C) Which statement is false?
18. (TCO C) Which of the following is not an example of demonstrative evidence?
19. (TCO C) Which would not be a type of evidence?
20. (TCO C) Which statement is false?
21. (TCO C) Which statement is false?
22. (TCO C) Which is an inductive approach?
23. (TCO C) Which statement is false about Benford's Law?
24. (TCO D) In tort cases, damages are determined based on the concept that:
25. (TCO D) In order to win damages in a case, generally a plaintiff must prove:
1. (TCO D) Beth Company sold assets to Karen Company with an alleged value of $2,400,000. Beth Company paid $2,100,000 for the assets. The actual value of the assets was $1,700,000. Using the "benefit-of-the-bargain" damage loss rule, the fraud damages would be:
2. (TCO D) Jones Lumber had an exclusive five-year supply agreement with Wood Construction. The contract called for lumber sales of $2,000,000 per year. After two years, Wood Construction canceled the contract without cause. The court found Wood Construction liable under the contract. Jones Lumber had average gross margins of 45% and average net income of 10% of sales. Jones Lumber's operating expenses average 60% fixed. The damages from the loss of this contract would be:
3. (TCO D) Georgetown Company's weekly store operating costs for a 10-week period had a high value of $300,000 and a low value of $260,000. Sales volumes for the two weeks were $4,000,000 and $3,200,000 respectively. The estimated variable cost per dollar of sales using the high-low method is:
4. (TCO D) Antitrust laws were enacted to:
5. (TCO D) The present value of the damages in a wrongful death case:
6. (TCO D) In determining damages in a wrongful discharge case, the concept of mitigation of wages refers to:
7. (TCO E) What are the dates found on an electronic file?
8. (TCO E) Datagrams are
9. (TCO E) When a suspect's PC is disconnected, all the following data is lost, except
10. (TCO E) The Securities and Exchange Commission recommended the internal control framework used by which of the following organizations?
11. (TCO E) For forensic accountants, it is important to understand the Internet's protocols so that they:
12. (TCO E) To trace an IP address back to its source address, which of the following tools would be best to use?
13. (TCO E) Actually "deleting" data from a hard drive means:
14. (TCO F) Unavailability losses occur because of:
15. (TCO F) Of the following losses from a cyber attack on electronic systems, which is likely to be the most costly to a software company?
16. (TCO F) A zone transfer allows the hacker to get a list of:
17. (TCO F) In real option analysis, there needs to be a(n):
18. (TCO F) BassFishing.com had its website shut down for two days due to a cyber attack. During that period, it is estimated that 300 customers were permanently lost. Registered customers visit once a month, on average, spend $15 on each visit, and remain registered for three years. What is the sales loss for BassFishing assuming a cost of capital of 6%?
19. (TCO F) Determine the value of the option for the Bayer Company by delaying its investment for one year. Consider the value of the option is the difference between traditional present value analysis and real option analysis. The initial investment is for $700,000, but the investment will not be made until next year. The investment is being delayed so that Bayer's management can better determine the market for its product. There are two alternatives for sales in the next year of $1,000,000 or $800,000. Each sales level has an occurrence probability of 50%. The cost of capital for Bayer is 8%. If traditional present value analysis shows that the net present value of the project is $75,000, what is the value of the option (the ability to wait one year before executing or abandoning the project)?
20. (TCO G) One/some of the most important IRS guidelines for gift and estate tax purposes:
21. (TCO G) The "cost approach" to business valuation involves:
22. (TCO G) The Indy Company experiences the following annual incomes over the last five years: $60,000, $70,000, $110,000, $150,000, $160,000 (from oldest to most current). A firm like Indy Company commands a 10% discount rate and a price earnings ratio of 10. Using a non-weighted earnings model, what is the value of the firm?
23. (TCO G) "Equitable distribution" in divorce cases is driven by:
24. (TCO G) A 100% controlling interest in a business:
25. (TCO G) Goodfood Products produces breakfast cereal. The company's weighted average cost of capital is 15%. The company forecasted the following free cash flows for the next 20 years.
Year...............................Free Cash Flows
6-10..................................20,000,000 per year
11-20................................15,000,000 per year
Use the discounted cash flow approach to value the Goodfood Products Company. Note - you will need a present value table or a financial calculator to solve this problem.
1. (TCO F) Define a real option. Why is there any value attributed to a real option?
2. (TCO G) Why would a forensic accountant need to perform a business valuation? Can people not just look up the value at a particular date on the appropriate stock exchange? Explain.
3. (TCO D) What three elements must be proven to win in a fraud dispute? Explain.
Copyrights © 2016 | All Rights Reserved With Minds Blow
Uploading copyrighted material is strictly prohibited. Refer to our DMCA Policy for more information.
This is an online marketplace for tutorials and study guides. All the content is provided by third parties and mindsblow.us is not liable for the similarity.